Saturday, February 16, 2019

A New Day...........

Still lifting but trying to overcome many issues.  I haven't posted in a while due to lack of interest.  Not only is my shoulder destroyed but I found out my thyroid doesn't work properly due to the radiation treatments I had.  I'm now on synthetic thyroid medicine and my main lifts are down a good 100 pounds each (Squat, Bench and Deadlift).  Weakness is a side effect of the medicine, so I'm hoping my body adjusts and gets stronger.  

The good news is that I'm getting a new shoulder in May by one of the top shoulder doctors in the world.  So I'm looking forward to not having continuous pain anymore.  I decided until then I would train differently than I have been in the past.  I decided to follow Christian Thibaudeau's  Natural Lifter's Plan.  I just lack the motivation to come up with my own program right now.  Everything I've read and watched from Thibaudeau seems pretty close to my views on lifting, albeit I'm not into bodybuilding per se.  I wanted to do something different from my typical powerlifting/strongman training.  I'll also have to adapt it to what I can do due to my shoulder issues.

Gym Temp: 45°
Music: For All Eternity, The Will to Rebuild

Warm up w/ Kettlebell Swings, Lunges, Hammer Winds, and Club Swings.

Romanian Deadlifts
135 x 6
225 x 6
315 x 6
365 x 6, 6
365 x 6, rest 15 seconds then 2 more, rest 15 seconds then 1 more.

Pulldowns Behind the Neck (trying to save shoulder flexibility)
100 x 6
130 x 6
150 x 6, 6
150 x 6, rest 15 seconds then 2 more, rest 15 seconds then 1 more.

Rear Lateral Raises
10s x 8
20s x 8, 8
20s x 6, then 15s x 8, then 10s x 10 - one giant set.

EZ Bar Curls
15 x 6
65 x 6
95 x 6, 6
95 x 6, rest 15 seconds then 3 more, rest 15 seconds then 1 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment