Friday, August 28, 2020

Overhead Day

Gym Temp: 85°
Music: Oh, Sleeper, Children of Fire

Warm up w/ 10 min. walk, Indian club swings and kettlebell snatches.

2" Axle Clean & Jerk (clean each rep)
70 x 3
140 x 3
160 x 3
170 x 3
180 x 3 - shoulder felt OK

2" Axle Clean Only
190 x 3 (double overhand grip)
200 x 3 (continental grip)

Ab Wheel

Been keeping the volume pretty low the last few months trying to get my injuries and problem areas functioning at a normal level. Its been over a year since my shoulder replacement but I still can't progressively overload on a weekly basis. I'm still getting stronger. But I can only push it for maybe 2 weeks, then I back off for 2 weeks. So my progress has been slow....but somewhat steady. Like I said I am getting stronger. I clean and jerked a 200 lbs. Log a few weeks ago for an easy single which was the most weight put overhead since my shoulder replacement. The problem was I was in pain for a good 5 days after and had to lift really light for a couple weeks. So its been tough but I'm still at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment